Rice Milk: Properties and Benefits
The rice milk is one, among many, of the alternatives to cow’s milk. Learn about its properties and benefits.
The vegetable drinks seem to be in vogue and the “rice milk”, or better saying, the drink of rice is no exception.
The truth is that this type of beverage are increasingly an alternative for those who want to replace traditional cow’s milk or for those who – on the other hand – have to do this, suffering from lactose intolerance or even allergy to milk protein.
And the options are many. After the soy beverage, were not slow to appear on the market other options, such as oat, coconut, almond and even flaxseed. It is about the drink of rice that now you are talking about.
“MILK RICE”: WHICH PROPERTIES?
Drink rice is a safe option for anyone who is lactose intolerant, and can be one of the options to replace the cow’s milk.
It is rich in carbohydrates and contains no lactose or gluten. However, it is a low-value protein, unlike what is observed in cow’s milk, not serving as a complete replacement of the same.
When in its “craft” to drink rice has a constitution simple, the level of macronutrients and a low content of micronutrients when compared with the normal milk. However, the majority of drinks of rice that are on the market are enriched with calcium, and ultimately provide the same amount of calcium than the same serving of cow’s milk.
These are also often enriched with niacin, vitamins A, D and B12 and iron, and may even exceed the doses of these micronutrients from cow’s milk.
More. This type of vegetable drink contains a low fat content, this being an advantage in relation to cow’s milk, semi-skimmed and whole milk.
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE “RICE MILK”
As we said before, by their properties, the rice milk has several benefits:
- Help control blood pressure
- Contains no lactose, making it easy digestion and being an option for the intolerant to this sugar
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease, given the low content of saturated fat
- Does not contain gluten, making it a good option for celiacs
- Contains simple carbohydrates and complex
- Increases the production of red blood cells in the blood (due to the iron added)
- When added, provides the required doses of Vitamin D
- When added, vitamin a helps the proper functioning of the eye
DISADVANTAGES OF THE “RICE MILK” IN RELATION TO COW’S MILK
Despite presenting many benefits compared to cow’s milk, has some disadvantages that it is important to know:
- Low content of protein, important in the maintenance and preservation of muscle mass
- When done at home, no presents calcium, iron, vitamin A or D, micronutrients naturally present in cow’s milk
- Low-fat can hinder the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A and D
“MILK RICE”: IT IS HEALTHY AND CAN DO IT AT HOME
This is one of the advantages of this drink. Is that still that are very easy to find in the market (in many hyper and supermarkets, and of different brands), the drink can be produced at home. And it is very simple. Just need rice and little more.
The preparation this can vary from recipe to recipe, not only on the method as on the type of rice (yes, because you can use several types of rice, giving flavors and different consistencies to your vegetable drink). Here is a suggestion.
– Ingredients –
- 1l of water
- 50g of brown rice
- 1 pinch of sea salt
– Mode of preparation –
- Let the rice soak for 6 to 8 hours.
- After you strain the water from the rice and cook the rice normally with a pinch of salt.
- When the rice is cooked place in a food processor with a quart of water and blend at maximum speed for 3 minutes.
- With the help of a colander, network strain the liquid from the pulp. If necessary repeat the operation once or twice. You can repeat the process 2 times (if necessary).
- Finally, place the beverage of rice in a glass jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator (up to a maximum of three days).
Rice milk: Benefits and properties – Food Fair
10 Intriguing Properties of Mugwort
Genetically Modified Organism (GMO food)– Emanuel Baisire
The Rise of Nut Milks: A Perfect Substitute to Dairy …
DIET WHAT IT REALLY MEANS!!!!!!!!: September 2011
Thai Green Chicken Curry and Coconut Rice
Health Benefits of a Mediterranean Diet
What is The Best Post Workout Meal? Top 10 list
Coconutty Soapnut Shampoo Bar 90g
Sol Ghee Vegan Superbroth
Health Benefits of Cedarwood Essential Oil
Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs
Jason Ferruggia’s Renegade Fitness
Wheat Grass Juice Powder – XIMUSA
Residential / Commercial EDEN TOWNHOMES – Pedro Gil Sta …
Organic Black Forest Honey
Is Sprouted Garlic Safe To Eat?
Coconut Oil – Organic, Virgin & Cold Pressed – Coconut Oil …
Curd Benefits | Yogurt Benefits