Amazon Prime is a paid offer for Amazon customers that offers a variety of advantages. Holders of a Prime subscription benefit from fast, free shipping for numerous products, they have access to the streaming services Prime Video and Prime Music as well as Prime Reading and the Kindle lending library and benefit from many other extras. Membership in Amazon Prime currently costs 69 euros per year or 7.99 euros per month. Interested parties can find out below whether the subscription is also worthwhile for them. We give an overview of the various advantages of a Prime membership.
- Amazon Prime is a paid service from Amazon that offers numerous advantages in terms of shipping and Amazon’s own media services.
- An annual membership to Amazon Prime costs 69 euros, a monthly subscription 7.99 euros.
- Amazon Prime is suitable for customers who order a lot online, like to use streaming services or have a Kindle e-reader.
What are the advantages of Amazon Prime?
With Amazon Prime, members enjoy shipping benefits, gain access to media libraries and Amazon Pantry, and can take advantage of special offers earlier than all other customers. The advantages at a glance:
- Shipping benefits : Prime customers receive free premium shipping for all items with the Prime logo, plus free same-day delivery (Evening Express) and discounted Morning Express deliveries to numerous addresses within Germany from a minimum order value of 20 euros. With Prime Now you can also have products delivered to you in Berlin and Munich within two hours, or within an hour for a surcharge – two-hour shipping is free for orders of 40 euros or more.
- Prime Day and other special offers:On the annual Prime Day and as part of the Thursday Prime Deals, Prime members receive exclusive offers from all product categories. During Cyber Monday week, Black Friday and the daily lightning offers, you have 30 minutes earlier than other Amazon customers. In addition, there are exclusive items for Prime customers that are not available to others.
- Amazon Prime Visa:The Amazon credit card is free of charge for Prime customers. The following article explains the advantages and disadvantages of the card: How good is the Amazon Prime Visa?
- Prime Video:The streaming portal Prime Video offers Amazon Prime customers free and unlimited streaming of numerous films and series, including Amazon’s own productions. It is also possible to subscribe to various Prime Video channels for a fee.
- Prime Music:With Prime Music, Prime members can listen to music online and offline for free and without advertising. For a fee, but at a lower price, they also get access to Amazon Music Unlimited with more than 40 million songs (Prime Music contains around two million songs).
- Prime Reading:Prime customers can read eBooks and magazines from the Prime Reading library for free. The Kindle lending library offers a larger selection, from which you can borrow one book per month free of charge.
- Prime Photos:Prime Photos is a storage space where Amazon Prime members can save an unlimited number of photos.
- Twitch Prime:Those who use the game streaming portal Twitch can link their account to the Amazon Prime account and use the Prime benefits of Twitch for free – for example, watch streams without advertising or receive a discount on video games that can be pre-ordered on Amazon.
- Amazon Pantry:Amazon Pantry is a shop where only Prime members can buy everyday goods. These include, for example, food, beverages, household goods, drugstore, baby and pet items.
- Guests:Every Amazon Prime customer has the option of registering a household member as a guest. The guest then also benefits from the Prime shipping advantages.
How do I use Amazon Prime?
If you want to test Amazon Prime, you can first sign up for a free trial membership, which lasts one month. It then automatically converts to a paid membership, unless the customer deactivates the conversion before the end of the trial month. Prime membership can be canceled at any time or switched from annual payment to monthly payment (and vice versa). Customers aged 18 and over can use Amazon Prime. You can tell whether Prime benefits are available for a particular item by the Amazon Prime logo.
What does Amazon Prime cost?
Short for AMZN by abbreviationfinder, Amazon Prime can be booked as an annual or monthly subscription. The amount due annually is currently 69 euros, which corresponds to 5.75 euros per month. With a monthly subscription, Amazon Prime costs 7.99 euros. For some offers, such as subscribing to Prime Video Channels or using Amazon Music Unlimited, additional costs apply. The Prime Video streaming portal can also be booked individually for € 7.99 per month.
Is Amazon Prime worth it for me?
Amazon Prime offers many advantages, but not every customer needs all of them. If you only occasionally shop at Amazon, do not own a Kindle e-reader and stream films and series from another provider, you probably don’t need a Prime membership. If you want Prime Music, you may be disappointed, because the selection of songs is much smaller than, for example, Spotify. On the other hand, Amazon Prime is particularly worthwhile for people who order a lot of things online. Since Prime Video costs no less individually than a full Prime membership, those interested in streaming films and series also benefit from the offer.