Few things remind us of the comfort of the house of grandmother as much as the regular ticking of a time clock. This section of old household is also an impressive element of interior design today.
Types of antique clocks
There are different types and styles of antique clocks; here is a list of the best known.
- Grandfather clocks: A grandfather clock is a clock with pendulum classic weight.If you are lucky you will find one in a flea market or online; the price will be much higher in an antique shop.
- Wall clocks: Wall clocks are smaller and easier to fit into a space that a large grandfather clock. Popular finds include the eccentric children’s wall clocks and clocks with a wooden box and glass on three sides.
- Clocks: Clocks are available in different forms.Some are protected by a glass screen, while others have wooden boxes with a glass front.
- The clocks Bakelite: The Bakelite and other art deco clocks of the 1930s become the collectibles of tomorrow.You will unearth in in flea markets or garage sales.
Reassembling your clock
Mechanical clocks should be raised regularly; most of them have an eight day cycle.Choose a day and time for your antique clock back. Consistency is important for their maintenance. Here’s how:
- Reassemble weighing mechanism before the weights reach the bottom.When you reset the weights, lift slightly to protect the bearings (Oil sparingly with time to time).
- Putting together a spring mechanism requires special care;count the towers to not to turn the key.
Maintenance of the clock
Here are some points to remember when performing maintenance on your antique clock.
- Never reassemble the hands of a clock in reverse.You may damage the mechanism.
- Treat carefully painted surfaces of the boxes with wax cleaning and close them with a good traditional wax.
- Remove the clock and secure his arms to carry.For short trips, hold the box so that the pendulum comes to rest against the mechanism.
- Learn to live with a touch of imprecision if you own an antique clock.If you set the time permanently, it is quite possible that you abîmiez the mechanism.
Simon Willard Tall Clock (Roxbury, Mass.)
Walnut Regulator Wall Clock
The 3, 6, 9 Time Management Strategy
How to Convert a Wind Up Clock to Battery
Antique c 1900 Regulator "A" S in Diamond Trade Mark …
Antique German Orgel Gong Wooden Wall Clock w/ Caldwell …
SOLD – German Tall Case Oak 1920 Grandfather Clock
Antique Seth Thomas Crystal & Brass Carriage Regulator …
Wardrobe: Antique Wardrobe Armoire
How to Wind a Grandfather Clock: 10 Steps (with Pictures)
Burnishing and Bushing Antique Clocks
Large Roman Numeral 12-46" Clockface Wall Stencil (choice …
Antique c 1899 Cast Spelter Equestrian Horse Statue …
18 Shabby Chic Bathroom Ideas Suitable For Any Home …
Romantic Shabby Chic Living Room Ideas
OSCARS: Production Designer Dante Ferretti — ‘Hugo’
1958 Lincoln Mark III\430 cubic-inch V8 375 HP\ 4-door …
Lantern Candle Holder with T-light Candle Set of 2(White …
What Time Is It? Time to Get Your Clockface Craft On …